With the news of another lockdown, many of our customers have been asking us if we’re remaining open. The good news is that yes – we are open and we’re here for all of your gardening needs.
It’s important at this time that we all take the proper steps to avoid getting or spreading the virus. We want you to know that your safety means the world to us. We would like to reassure you that our garden centres are actively taking measures to ensure that our staff and customers are kept safe.
We’ll be delighted to welcome you into our stores but we’ll need you to follow our strict in store health and safety guidelines. To help keep you safe let us first share with you the steps we’ve taken to ensure we keep our team members safe and protected.
Steps we are Taking
We’ve separated our team members, giving each of them zones to work in, and we’re providing extra provisions to our elderly staff members. Those with underlying conditions have tasks that are away from direct customer contact. We understand many of our team members have children and elderly parents, and we’ve made hours flexible for these employees.
All of our employees wear masks or face coverings in store to keep both themselves and customers safe.
All store members have been fully briefed on cleaning protocol and are actively following guidelines. Our staff members are cooperatives in social distancing. Their breaks and lunches have been separated and they’re fully aware of social distancing guidelines.
We’re wiping down our phones, counters, keyboards, till and card machines using antibacterial wipes and sprays after every customer and hourly.
Our check out staff are provided with protective gloves and using hand sanitizer regularly. Hand washing is completed with soap and water every hour.
We’re working together in the stores to continue to maintain the highest cleanliness standards, in line with advice and guidelines from the HSE which everyone has been briefed about.
Steps We Expect our Customers to Take
The health and well being of our staff members is very important to us. That’s why it’s important if you are visiting us that you follow these guidelines:
- Please do not arrive in groups. 1-2 people maximum. We would ask that only one member per family comes to the store to pick up what you need.
- Wear a mask upon entering our stores.
- Upon arrival you will be asked to use our sanitation stations and use the products provided.
- Keep a social distance of 2m between yourself and other people in the store. The stores are spacious enough to accommodate this.
- At the till you will be expected to follow the directions of the team members, one customer will only be allowed at the till at any one time maintaining the 2m rule at all times.
- We would ask that you use card or contactless payment where possible in order to avoid hand-to-hand contact.
- Our staff routinely sanitize surfaces, trolleys, baskets, door handles following HSE guidelines. We do however expect you to do your part and be conscious of the amount of products you handle.
- Wash your hands regularly. We cannot stress this enough.
If you would prefer to self isolate at home and are in need of some gardening products, you have the option of buying from us online at www.horkans.ie Or you can use our Call & Collect Service.