Are you looking to add a splash of colour to your garden during the winter months? Then look no further than the bright and bubbly Cyclamen. Whether they are potted for the house or planted outside in the garden, Cyclamens are sure to add a welcome burst of colour.
Where Should I Plant Cyclamens?
Cyclamens are great for growing because they thrive in most conditions. Below are some tips to help you decide on the best place for planting these adorable, fragrant blooms:
- Look for shaded areas, that avoid direct sunlight.
- Choose an area with well-drained soil.
- Cyclamens are great for planting beneath deciduous plants.
- You can grow the plants indoors first until they are 8 cm in height, and then plant them outdoors afterwards.
How Do I Care For The Cyclamen Plant?
You don’t need to be an expert to grow the cyclamen plant! Just follow these tips to ensure that your Cyclamens are well cared for:
- Avoid over-watering cyclamens. Wait for the soil to dry before watering.
- Improve drainage by adding some grit to clay-based soil.
- Remove dead leaves to avoid rotting.
- Avoid watering the center of the plants which usually causes rotting.
- Add mulch during hot weather to prevent the plants from drying out.
- Remove damaged crowns or buds immediately. If the damage spreads, consider removing the plant as it may have cyclamen mites.
Are you interested in planting the Cyclamen plant? Then check out the wide variety of Cyclamen here in our “Types of Cyclamen“ blog post. Choose from this wide range of Cyclamens and start planting this November to give your garden that colour boost for the winter months!
If you have questions on the perfect cyclamens for your garden, contact your local store where one of our helpful and knowledgeable staff will be happy to help and answer any questions you may have.