“May you always be surrounded by good friends and a great BBQ.”Dave Anderson
At Horkans, we pride ourselves on our high quality products. Nowhere is this more evident than in our BBQ range. Let us introduce you to some of the range - sink your teeth into the sizzling, smoking and mouth-watering BBQ.
In our BBQ area we have selected a range of grills to meet the needs of all, whether a grill novice or master. We want grilling to be effortless and we have ensured this is reflected in our barbecue range. Living in an apartment with limited space? We have the grill for you. Owner of a large backyard? You’ve come to the right place. We recognise the importance of selecting the right utensil to feed your friends and family and hence we have chosen only the best brands to fulfill your needs. Looking for the answer to the age-old question, gas or charcoal? Our answer is both! Read on to find out about some of the key features of our range of gas and charcoal barbecues.
The gas barbecue has been reinvented in recent years. It no longer represents a simple outdoor gas hob, but rather a grill with the ability to cook the tastiest, juiciest and most succulent of flame-grilled food, with that traditional mouth-watering barbecue flavour. At Horkans we stock some of the best gas barbecues on the market. Our range includes products from the most innovative and experienced grill companies.
Char-Broil describe themselves as a "a leader in gas, charcoal and electric grills", since 1948. They stock an exceptional range of gas barbecues and here at Horkans we are very proud to be bringing them to you. Among the range available are:
- Professional grill series, which offers an innovative feature known as Tru-Infrared cooking.
- The 'Big Easy'. Its features include being a smoker, roaster and grill, all in one. It also offers Tru-Infrared cooking and the ability to cook up to 11kg of meat with no oil.
- The Gas2Coal barbecue. A hybrid grill that easily converts from gas to charcoal in three simple steps and in less than 60 seconds.
Tru-Infrared cooking distributes heat evenly across the grill surface, creating consistent grilling temperatures. It creates a barrier between your food and the flames, hence ensuring fewer flare-ups. Most importantly, it heats your food at the grill’s surface, retaining flavor other grills let escape. This gives you up to 50% juicier food, while using 30% less gas. You can check out the full range of Char-Broil gas barbecues here.
OutdoorChef Ascona 570G
The Ascona 570 guarantees unforgettable barbecue experiences and impresses with high functionality and user-friendliness. There's many reasons why the Ascona 570 G is a bestseller - here's a few:
- From grilling to cooking or baking, the unique funnel system ensures even heat distribution inside the kettle and prevents harmful flare-ups as the burners are completely shielded. Rather than catching fire, dripping fat runs along the porcelain-enamelled funnel into the collecting tray under the kettle. Making sure that nothing can burn.
- Hosts can spend more time with their guests while barbecue specialities are grilled perfectly all round – with no turning required. Some of the fat and meat juice dripping onto the funnel evaporates, which gives meat, fish, vegetables and more that unmistakable barbecue flavour.
The charcoal barbecue is the traditional way of grilling outdoors. It comes complete with the authentic sounds and aromas of a smoky barbecue, evoking that mouth-watering craving for BBQ goodness. At Horkans, we stock a range of the best charcoal BBQ's.
The Char-Broil charcoal barbecue we stock is the Gas2Coal barbecue, mentioned above. It is a hybrid grill that easily converts from gas to charcoal in three simple steps and in less than 60 seconds. If you can't choose between gas or charcoal, then this is the grill for you.
OutdoorChef Chelsea 480C
Be up for every culinary challenge with OutdoorChef’s Chelsea 480 C. This charcoal barbecue is perfect for those who want to spend a little less. For its price, this barbecue has so many amazing features:
- Versatile charcoal system with stainless steel charcoal basket.
- Easy Slide funnel technology perfect for direct and indirect grilling with push handle for easy moving.
- Made with quality porcelain-enamelled steel and steel.
- Large enough for up to 8 people with grill surface diameter of 45 cm.
- Complete with chrome-plated folding barbeque grid and steel lighting grate.
- Impressive mobility; powder-coated trolley equipped with 2 plastic wheels.
- Easy regulation of heat and air with integrated thermometer and lid hinge.
- Includes a porcelain-enamelled kettle, ash catcher (collecting tray) and juice tray (aroma dish).
“We want to help people make the most of their outdoor space throughout the year, whatever the weather.” Simon Goodwin, La Hacienda
As you can see our range of barbecues is vast and varied. We have something to meet the needs and desires of everyone and every garden. In summary, the BBQ is a unique cooking utensil. Not only does it provide (the tastiest of) food, but it also serves as a hub of the outdoors. Families and communities alike can bond around a BBQ, whether hosting an intimate dinner or a party for a friends, a BBQ is the thread that ties it together.
Have you still got questions about barbecues and what one is for you? Just contact your local store where one of our helpful and knowledgeable staff will be happy to help and answer any questions you may have.