We all dream of having a lush green lawn – a garden oasis we can take pride in and enjoy spending time in. But how do we achieve such a lawn? Here we outline how you can have a rich green lawn in just 2 simple lawn care steps.
1. Treat Moss
One of the best methods to control and prevent moss from infesting your lawn is to treat the entire lawn with a treatment of ZERO Lawn Moss Liquid. This is a fast-acting moss remover that works rapidly to kill lawn moss. It has the ability to kill lawn moss right down to the root structure, overnight. You just need to mix the Zero Lawn Moss Liquid with water (1 litre of ZERO Lawn Liquid to 10 litres of water) and spray onto the entire lawn area. This product should be applied using a clean knapsack sprayer or a watering can.
Measurements: 1 litre of ZERO Lawn Liquid will cover 400 square yards of lawn. If your lawn is very prone to moss, apply ZERO Lawn Liquid every 4-6 weeks.
Note: Make sure the treatment is ONLY applied to grass. If it splashes onto walls, concrete, tarmac, or other such areas, wash off immediately.
2. Feed Lawn
The second step to achieving a luscious green lawn involves feeding your lawn with Zero Lawn Feed. This is a special blend of slow release fertilisers, containing a mix of major and micro nutrients. The nutrients in this green your lawn, without forcing growth. Simply apply this over the entire lawn area, spreading it evenly over the area. We recommend using a lawn spreader, as it will easily spread the feed over your lawn. You can then mow your lawn one day after application.
Measurements: 1 x 25 kg bag of fertiliser will cover 334 square metres of lawn (if ZERO is used first to kill the moss).
Paraic's Top Tips:
- Read label carefully for full instructions.
- Always wear protective gloves and a mask.
- Keep weedkiller in a container (for safety and security).
- Keep children, animals and pets away from treated areas until dry.
- Apply a dressing of Zero Lawn Moss Liquid to treat lawn moss overnight.
- Two days after Zero Lawn Liquid is applied, use Zero Lawn Feed to feed and green your lawn, without forcing growth.
- One week after the feed is applied, you can optionally use a broadleaf weed killer on your lawn to kill any lawn weeds. However, we recommend waiting until the weed has finished flowering to allow for hard working pollinators.
- For patches, use Green Velvet lawn seed to knit the lawn together.