“Zero killed all the moss in my garden in 2 days maximum excellent product” – David, Facebook
We all dream of achieving a lush, manicured lawn; the pride of our garden. However, our grass endures a lot of wear and tear. Football games, garden picnics, lawn mowers, you name it! They all take their toll on our grass. Pesky lawn moss is one major problem many of us are experiencing at the moment. However, it’s easier to remove than you think, with the help of Zero Lawn Moss.
Zero Lawn Moss is a fast acting liquid moss remover that can be used all year round. It can both suppress moss growth and removes moss right down to the root structure. There are three different sizes available – the 10 litre, 5 litre and 2.5 litre. One litre will cover 400 square yards (or 334m²). With an easy to mix formula, it makes removing moss a quick and simple task. Don’t worry about raking the moss out afterwards – once it is killed it is returned back into the soil as additional nutrients to give your lawn an extra boost.
How to use
For the best results, we recommend cutting your grass a few days before applying the product. Try to apply it on a dry day or a couple of hours after light rain showers when a dry spell is expected. We’ve developed a 2 step process for the perfect lawn – Step 1 is using Zero Lawn Moss, but if you want to take your lawn to the next level then try out the following steps below:
- Mix one part zero to ten parts water into a clean spraying can.
- Once you have your product mixed, apply it lightly and evenly across your lawn.
- Moss will start to change colour as it dies off within a few hours. Helathy grass will remain unharmed. Leaving you wish a luscious, green lawn. Make sure you apply every 6-8 weeks to keep that gorgeous green lawn.
- Once the Zero Lawn Moss has dried in (around 2 hours on a dry day), it is safe for children and pets to access the area.
- We always recommend that you follow with a dressing of Zero Lawn Feed. This will feed and green the lawn.
- If your garden has heavy, dense moss then your lawn may be left with dark brown or black patches after use. To combat this, we recommend combining Zero Lawn with Zero Lawn Feed 24 hours after using Zero Lawn Moss to feed and green your lawn for up to 3 months and further suppress moss. This contains a slow-release fertilisers, seaweed and iron for optimal grass restoration without forcing growth.
Weed Control (optional):
If you suffer from persistent lawn weeds, apply a broadleaf weed killer after using Zero Lawn Feed. We recommend to do this ideally after the lawn weeds have finished flowering to allow for hard working pollinators.
Try to keep Zero off any hard surfaces including walls, patios, tarmac or concrete to avoid staining. If you do spill some just make sure you wash it immediately with water. If you are looking for a product to remove moss on hard surfaces, Horkans recommend using PAC.
- As when applying all garden chemicals, we would recommend that you take precautionary safety measures whilst using Zero. Protect yourself by wearing a respirator mask, eye protection and appropriate footwear.
- Ensure you keep any pets off your lawn for about 24 hours after applying Zero.
- If swallowed get immediate medical attention.
If you have any other gardening questions on your mind, just contact your local Horkans Garden Centre where one of our helpful and knowledgeable staff will be happy to help with any questions you may have.